- The Governance Committee recruits new Board members to meet identified skill-sets needs and ensures good governance through training and strategic oversight.
Professional Development Committee
Chair: Lyndia Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develops and promotes professional development and training opportunities. Its work includes interfacing with the Joint Conference on Health Planning Committee to ensure that specific WSPHA professional development strategic objectives are met, partnering with other organizations to establish a strong statewide training platform and promoting the Washington State Journal of Public Health Practice.
Chair: Adrian Dominguez, email@example.com
- The Membership Committee recruits new members to ensure WSPHA represents the broad community of public health professionals and supporters in Washington, reviews work to ensure the most useful member benefits and coordinates the National Public Health Week and the WSPHA Annual Awards. The committee also works with the Professional Development and Policy committees to coordinate communications to and opportunities for our members.
Chair: Jennifer Muhm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Policy Committee develops WSPHA’s annual legislative agenda, reviews policy resolutions submitted by membership and coordinates advocacy efforts with the Public Health Roundtable.
Joint Conference on Health
Co Chairs: Lyndia Wilson, Lwilson@srhd.org; Alexandra Hayes, email@example.com
- Program Planning Committee: Volunteer committee with statewide representation whose members lend their expertise to recruit plenary speakers, shape panel discussions, and select abstracts for presentation.
- Education Sub-Committee: Supports student and academic participation in the Joint Conference, and facilitates the CHES and other CEU credits processes.
- Logistics Sub-Committee: Handles registration and on-site logistics.
- Marketing Sub-Committee: Works to market attendance and recruits sponsors and exhibitors.
To volunteer for a committee or to get more information, please contact the committee chair directly.